Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Companies With Class: Luna Bar

Welcome to my first edition of Companies With Class, a review of fitness companies with integrity, professionalism, and high quality products.

First up...

LUNA BAR


If you check out the Luna Bar website you will find out that Clif Bar & Company started on a bike ride. The founder took a bite of an energy bar and thought , “I can do better.” Two years later, Clif Bar was launched and has since become a leading company in energy bars.
 The women at Clif Bar & Company were in search of a bar more suited for women — something just as flavorful and satisfying, but smaller and with fewer calories. They also wanted this bar to address the unique nutritional needs of women. In 1999, Luna Bar was launched. Click HERE for their website.

I got the opportunity to work with Luna Bar in September for Yoga Month. I collaborated with Yogamonth.org and set up a free Yoga Clinic. Unfortunately after all the set up yogamonth.org informed me that Nebraska was not in their "marketing territory" and therefore would not be sending out the Yoga Month giveaways to this region of the country. I had done a lot of advertising for the event stating I would have giveaways that included Luna bars.....so I kind of panicked. I decided to go straight to the source and ask for assistance. 
The response was impressive.
 First, I got a personal phone call from the head office ensuring me that Luna would support me in my endeavor! 
Then Beth Beson Tully, Clif Bar & CO. Field Marketing Manager, followed up with several emails to ensure things went off without a hitch. She even placed a handwritten card in my product supply thanking me for sharing Luna with the community!

The event went great and the Luna bars were a hit! I want to give a BIG THANKS to Luna Bar for standing by their principals and "sustaining the community". 
I hope to work closely with Luna and Luna's parent company, Clif Bar, in the near future!

No comments: