Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Recipe of the Day: Warm Crab Spread

Ok...so this is not the most low fat recipe, but it is sure to be a hit at the holiday parties!!

Here's the back story:

My grandmother, who is thankfully still living, had the thought and foresight to pass on one of her most precious gifts to her grandchildren....her ability to cook.

My grandma spent an entire year coping every single one of her favorite recipes, put them on 5x7 cards and placed them in a photo album for ALL of her grandchildren for Christmas one year. That is 5 cookbooks all together.

Best-Present-Ever!

Here is her recipe for Warm Crab Spread....I hope you love it as much as I do!!

Ingredients:

2- 8oz tubs of garden vegetable cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat Philly)
3- 8oz packages of crabmeat, flaked (I used imitation crab)
1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
4 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp dried dill
several dashes of bottled hot pepper sauce (I used Franks Hot Sauce)
Assorted Crackers (I used whole wheat water crackers)

Place cream cheese in a crockpot and set on low/warm. Let cream cheese soften then mix in remaining ingredients.

yummy!



Let mixture warm all the way through.  

Place a big dollop on top of your cracker....




AND ENJOY!!!



1. Do you have a favorite holiday recipe?



No comments: