Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Unplug Your Run


I've been having some difficulty lately with my running. I signed up for a half marathon this spring in attempts to work on my speed for the full ironman this fall.

I've been nailing my goal pace but I seem to bonk out after 4-5 miles. Then, when I go to do my long runs, I take off too fast too early and can't hold it to the finish. Very frustrating.

So I decided I needed a little pace-cation. A vacation away from focusing on my pace. 

I decided I would go for my long run, at the lake, with no music, no watch, just me.

Well....it's cold in Nebraska right now. So I picked up these babies...



Holy smokes....I love them! They are soft and they kept my feet warm and dry!

They were so soft and even the Pup wanted to cuddle up!


On Sunday it was rainy, 35 degrees with packs of snow and ice. It wasn't ideal conditions....but for a January in Nebraska....it ain't bad!

I set out for 7 miles.

I put my phone in my fuel belt and headed out. I immediately felt myself start to pick up the pace, so I started a new mantra for my run.

"Just cruise"

And that is what I did. I took it nice and easy. I enjoyed to sounds of the lake, I enjoyed to sounds of my feet hitting the pavement in a slow steady rhythm, and I enjoyed the smell of damp pine trees.

Most importantly.....I enjoyed my run.


I "cruised" nice and easy the 7.3 miles around the lake in peace and serenity.

I fell in love with running all over again.


No comments: