Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Product Review: Soybu Fitness Gear

 I first found Soybu when I was looking for a fall running jacket to train in for my first marathon. I found Soybu's Nirvana Jacket and fell in love with it! 

Soybu Nirvana

Me wearing the Nirvana Jacket at the Des Moines Marathon 2010


It is light weight, super soft, and great for layering! Here is what Soybu says about their jacket...

When the mercury dips, our lightweight versatile Nirvana jacket is a pretty heavenly way to ease into the Fall months. Fashion-forward details like mock-neck styling, curved raglan seaming and slightly belled long sleeves make this jacket look great with every bottom and top in our collection. Invisible zipper pockets are perfect for tucking away money and keys, and flatlock seams make it uber-comfortable. We think you will love the way this jacket gives your wardrobe a multi-purpose boost. Zen fit. Fabric content: recycled polyester/virgin polyester/spandex.


This fall I returned to Soybu when looking for a comfy yet "useful" pair of pants....aka I could wear them around and still log many miles in them!

I found Soybu's Lotus Pants...


Feel great going straight from the gym to a latte break with friends: our Lotus Pant is stylish enough to take you through your day. Made with our sustainable Soybu Stretch RE-FLEX, this pant is fitted through the thigh, graduating to a subtle bootcut hem. Our no-flip fitted waistband is part of what gives this pant studio-to-street appeal.Lotus Fit. Fabric content: recycled polyester/virgin polyester/spandex.


I noticed a trend..."recycled polyester"...so I did a little more research. Soybu blends eco-friendly fibers into their fabrics in effort to create long-lasting apparel with minimum impact on the environment. The company states that while inspiration comes from many sources, they take our cue from the incredible beauty of nature, and will always do our part to be kind to the planet.


Clothes I love that give love back! 

No comments: