Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Baking a cyst??

Last week, after my 8 mile run, my knee was a little tender. Nothing unexpected, just a little more than normal.

Over the weekend, I rolled over in my sleep and was woken up to a loud (and painful) pop.

I spent the whole weekend hobbling around and went to the Ortho Doc first thing Monday morning.




Several x-rays and an expensive MRI later...

The Diagnosis: Ruptured Popiteal Cyst. 

Also called a Baker's Cyst. 

Essentially, it is a fluid filled cyst behind the knee cap that causes pain and discomfort....which in my opinion is putting it mildly. It hurt....bad.

For more info Click Here

The Doc said I should be fine, rest, ice, then add exercise as I can tolerate it. 

WHEW!!!!

2013 will still be the year of the IRONMAN!!

No comments: