Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Running for a Reason: Being a race director for charity

I recently got the honor to act as a race director! If you recall, I organized a 5K last year to help my home YMCA raise funds for the Strong Community Campaign. This year I worked with another TEAM In Training TEAM-mate and organized the Second Annual Cupid Shuffle: A Race to Benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

It was a blast! We had a friend agree to dress up as Cupid and warmed up the crowd by doing the Cupid Shuffle dance!


I have to say....it was absolutely FREEZING that day! But none the less, we had a group of die hards come out for race day! We got sponsorships from local companies for water, coffee, and even CHOCOLATE!! Everyone got gourmet chocolate in their swag bag....it was pretty phenomenal!  Goodie bags included a super cool long sleeve tech tee which we had designed as well as info related to LLS and one of my fave products...Energybits!

My husband even agreed to run the race, so I got to have a super awesome helper for the day..

My son was more interested in hanging out with cupid than helping his mom manage race day events and racers!


It was a fun event! Our DJ kept us rocking throughout the race and our participants went out hard! When it was all said and done, we very proudly raised around $1400 for the LLS Mission!

We are still accepting donations on behalf of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. If you would like to support our mission to wipe our blood cancers, you can make a  secure donation online at


No comments: