Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Friday, February 7, 2014

First Race of 2014: ROCK-n-ROLL New Orleans

First let me say...this was the best vacation ever!!

I had a list of 5 things I wanted to accomplish on this vacation, admittedly, 4 out of the 5 centered around food. Eeek! We will save that for another post ;-)

The first RNR-NOLA post is all about the race!

The expo was pretty cool, very big, lots of good gear! The registration and packet pick up went smooth and was very easy to navigate! It was sunny and 70 that day and it felt amazing to be outside!

Then there was race day itself. I have never seen fog like that in my whole life! You couldn't see more than one block! It was crazy!


The start line was well organized and easy to maneuver. The course itself was very flat, but the roads were pretty torn up. There was a lot of construction of the course and the roads were super slippery. I am sure the fog, humidity, and water table had something to do with it. The crowd was fun, the race was well supported other than a lack of port-a-potties. Seriously race directors....one port-a-potty per water stop is just not enough!

I ended up with a new PR for my half marathon time!! AND even bigger news....

MY HUBBY COMPLETE HIS FIRST HALF MARATHON!!


The finish line and finishers area was awesome. It was well organized and spread out! They had free beer, good food, and awesome finisher's swag. 

And the medal......


TOTALLY  SCREAMS NEW ORLEANS!!

I love that is was beads! I got to earn beads without having to shower off regret and shame the next morning!!

More about the NOLA trip on the next post.....stay tuned!

No comments: