Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride


This past weekend I headed down to South Lake Tahoe to ride in America's Most Beautiful Bike Ride, a century ride (100 miles) around breathtaking Lake Tahoe.

This was a national Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's TEAM In Training Fundraising event. I have been an athlete and mentor with LLS for the past 4 years raising money in memory of my youngest son, Eric.

Over 2,000 cyclist participated in the event on Sunday!! There were 6 of us from Nebraska who headed west for the event with 743 total TEAM In Training athletes over all.  During this event, We raised $3,388,000 for Cancer research and patient services.
Needless to say....I am proud!

It was such a fun weekend!!

My crew had a fabulous time!
                                     
We spent a little time wandering around Lake Tahoe enjoying the beautiful scenery and weather!


 The start of the ride was cold!! 

But the views........


Unbelievable!


We did a lot of climbing....and I mean a lot!!

 There were rest stops about every 20 miles fully stocked with cytomax, granola bars, bagels, and fruit.

We had lunch about mile 78, right before our biggest climb into Spooner Pass. 


It was truly a beautiful bike ride! I got hit on by some retired Navy men, saw a bear, and met some amazing people! Talk about a full day!!

We celebrated our accomplishment with a wonderful dinner, plenty of wine, and great company!


During this event, I earned my "Triple Crown", meaning I have completed all 3 endurance events offered with Team In Training.


I am very proud to report that I have raised over $10,000 that has been donated in Eric's memory.

I couldn't have done this event without the love and support from my friends, family, and favorite Bike Shop....so a big thanks to my "athletic supporters"! 

So what's next on the schedule......

STAY TUNED!


No comments: