Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Freebies......OZ Style!


Dr. OZ has been under some scrutiny for misleading his fan base in regards to his statements related to weight loss.  His name is plastered on everything from "facelifts in a bottle" to magic "diet pills". 
Over the past few months I have gotten to try a few products featured by Dr. Oz, the "facelift in a bottle" was nothing more than a multivitamin that promotes healthy skin, granted in promotes healthy skin but other statements, in my opinion, were exaggerated. 

When I decided to try a few "weight loss miracles" I admit I was skeptical. So I decided to run my own experiment. ..

Over a 2 week period I limited my caloric intake to a net right around 1600 calories. Notice I said NET! I train a lot so it is important I get adequate nutrition to be able finish my workouts and be able to compete come race day! So, for 2 weeks I monitored my caloric intake, I lost about 1.5 pounds doing nothing more than cutting calories. Admittedly I struggled to keep to 1600 calories throughout the entire 2 week period. I was often hungry and often went over my caloric goal. 
Then I decided to try 2 different natural "weight loss miracles" and see if there would be a difference. I kept my workouts the same and left my net caloric intake at 1600, the only thing I did different was adding in these little "miracles" to see if they made any sort of impact.  Side note...both of these "miracles" have been deemed as "generally safe" by the FDA (always do your research).

The first one I tried was Garcinia Cambogia. 


This is a plant that grows in Indonesia  and is used frequently in cooking, particularly curries. The fruit rind has been used in many traditional medicines, including natural laxatives. Hmmmmm......

In 2012, Dr Oz promoted it as an exciting weight loss break through. For this particular brand, they suggest taking 2 tabs 30minutes before each meal...up to 3 times per day. I did notice the "purgative" effects but didn't have any sort of discomfort. I lost the same amount of weight as I did the first two weeks of my experiment but I found it much easier to stay within my caloric goal. So, in my opinion, this may not be a weight loss miracle but it did work as an appetite suppressant.  



Over the next two weeks, I tried Raspberry Ketones.


In lieu of a crazy chemistry lesson, essentially raspberry ketones are a specific alcohol found in raspberries. It is hard to come by naturally so most in manufactured in a lab. This little tab tasted much better plus you only took 1, twice a day, before a meal.  They tasted much better than the first round but I had  a harder time remembering to take these tabs since it was only twice a day instead of every meal. Pretty much had the same effect. I lost the same amount of weight as I did in the first two week period, but again I found it much easier to stay within my caloric goal. So again...not a weight loss "miracle" but I did find it to be an effective appetite suppressant. 

BUT DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT TRY THEM FOR YOURSELF!!


You can try these for FREE!! That's right folks...A GIVEAWAY!

Here's what ya gotta do..

1. LIKE Kendall Personal Fitness on Facbook 
Click HERE
(one entry)

2. COMMENT on Kendall Personal Fitness Post stating which "miracle" you would like to try
(one entry)

3. FOLLOW Kendall Personal Fitness on Twitter
Click HERE
(one entry)



Alrighty Folks......winners will be drawn FRIDAY JULY 11th!

GOOD LUCK!




No comments: