Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Feeling Clueless


As you know, I am all about going green, eating organic, and when possible I am a "DIY" kind of gal. So, when I got the opportunity to try to make my own almond milk using "nut milk bags" I got kind of excited.




My excitement quickly faded when the bags arrived without an directions, recipes, or guidance. I don't mind "DIY" project, but when it comes to something you should eat/drink....I am a bit more cautious. I prefer to have some assistance just to be on the safe side. If you have ever gone through food poisoning, you should understand why....it is awful!

Then I started doing a little pricing. You can order almonds on amazon for about $7 a pound. Hmmmm.....the almond milk I buy is under $4 for a half gallon. In this case, I am not sure making your own almond milk is worth the time and price. I understand I am much more in control of what goes into my milk but again...my time is my most precious commodity. 

However, these bags can also be used for other things like making homemade juice and herbal teas. I grow veggies and herbs at home and there is always an excess in that area. I think these bags will help me get more out of my garden then they will helping me make almond milk. So....stay tuned for 

ADVENTURES IN GARDENING!!!


No comments: