Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Tri Training and Skin Care

As an athlete, I put my body through the ringer. Long workouts, heavy weights, lots of sweating. I am pretty good about taking care of my body with stretching, massages, foam rolling etc. What I often forget is that the body that I so lovingly punish is covered in skin. Skin that I need to take care of as well!

I tend to have dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. Pool Chlorine does a number on my skin, so I was really excited to try 100% pure, raw African Shea Butter from Cleopatra's Choice.

Cleopatra's Choice states.....

" #1 RATED SHEA BUTTER ON THE MARKET! Natural Relief from Dry Skin, Psoriasis Dryness, Eczema and Acne. Excellent for Stretch Marks for Pregnancy or Other.
100% Natural and Organic Pure Shea Butter - Made with Hand Selected Finest Nuts of the Shea Tree in Ghana.
Deep Moisturizer for Skin - Contains VITAMIN A, VITAMIN E AND VITAMIN F - DOES NOT CLOG PORES - Highly Moisturizing and Long Lasting - Beneficial for Hair & Skin Health and Beauty"


Do I agree?? 

Well....it is insanely thick. It is like playdoh. But when you get it smoothed on, it is absolutely amazing! I happen to have friends who own an candlemaking and aromatherapy company. They have a specific machine used for mixing wax/soy/whatnots with scented oils. So I ordered some organic ylang ylang flower oil and will have them mix my own special grade of lotion!! Pretty exciting.

I also got the opportunity to try a couple more skin care products. One specifically for stretch marks and the other for cellulite.  As a 35 year old mom....I have both.
Unfortunately I wasn't very impressed with either product. 



Don't get me wrong, they smelled good and made my skin feel amazing, but I didn't get the results I was hoping for. Maybe I was hoping for a miracle in a bottle, but all in all, not impressed.

One thing I always try to remember is to take a vitamin. What we put IN our body, we wear ON our body. I  tend to take an all natural vitamin specifically designed for active women. Recently I have started adding Phytoceramides. 


Phytoceramides are plant based lipids that help regenerate cell growth and apoptosis. In other words, it helps your skin stay looking youthful! Plus it has Vitamin E, K , C and D. Good stuff for the bod and the skin!


What about you? How do you care for your skin? Has your products changed with age or do you have some tride and true stables?









No comments: