Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Monday, August 11, 2014

State Fair Detox


This past weekend, the kiddo and I joined up with Team Wallis and headed to the Iowa State Fair and Adventureland Amusement park in Des Moines Iowa.


We rode rides, checked out farm life, ate way too much food, and piled on a few beers to boot.


We had a really good time!


We clearly ate well too!

Needless to say....I am suffering from some gut rot. Fried foods, over indulgences, and booze make for an unhappy hippie.

So when I got home I decided it was time for a quick detox. 


I used Miracle Cleanse. What is nice about this product is that it uses natural herbs, fibers, and laxatives to cleanse your colon and intestinal tract but also has acidophilus to protect your intestinal lining from getting stripped away! You can use it for a quick one day detox or use it as a 15 day full detox. I opted for the single day for this weekend and will do a 15 day cleanse post holiday season. Let's be honest....I love christmas cookies way to much!

My insides are already feeling better. I feel flushed out and ready ready to properly fuel my system.


I also tried Yacon Syrup this morning. Yacon is a plant that grows in Peru. This is 100% organic syrup and is a powerful antioxidant, just what I needed after this weekend. It is a dark color and not as thick as regular maple syrup. I tried it on pancakes. It tastes like raisins to me. Not bad, just different.

I am back on track and ready to tackle my workouts and my race at the end of the month!

What about you?
What do you do after a week of over indulgence?
Products you recommend?



No comments: