Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Race Day: Omaha Triathlon


I am very happy to report I finally got my first olympic distance triathlon of the season under my belt!


I am even happier to report that it went REALLY well!!

It was a wet suit legal swim, which makes me happy, although I did get a little beat up the first half of the swim. I always seem to have the largest age group and we always start the swim together....makes for an interesting first swim half!

The ride was super hilly but it was a closed course, which is nice. The run was ridiculously hilly, it was my slowest 10K time in a long time, but I laughed so hard I spit GU and I got complimented on my rear end. So I am going to chalk it up to a good run!


When it was all said and done....I ended up placing 9th in my age group with a new distance PR!!

I will say that after a triathlon, I probably feel the grossest of any race. I seem to be dirtier and slimier after tris.

Lake swimming and a grassy transition area do not make for the cleanest of races. When I get home from any triathlon, I make it a point to completely scrub/exfoliate/shave my entire body!

My newest fave scrub...Adovia Dead Sea Salt Scrub! It's 100% pure dead sea salt and it works wonders! It is a rough scrub but it gets the job done and leaves your skin feeling refreshed, clean, and brand new.  It is just what I need to get the lake slim and transition area dirt and hay off of the bod!

Next race?? 

30 DAYS!!!

I will be going for a race PR and the HYVee Triathlon August 31st in Des Moines IA!
Wish me luck!


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: