Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Race Review: Hyvee Triathlon

Des Moines, Iowa.....
Home to the HyVee Triathlon and 5150 Championship....
One of the biggest Triathlon purses in the Country.

This is the second year I have done the HyVee Triathlon.  Last year we woke up to torrential storms...this year...the race got cut to a sprint distance due to flooding in the area. Not my favorite race but they have the best swag of any race I have ever done...and let's be honest...we do it for the bling!

As usual, we attended the pre-race meeting to review rules, route, and get any questions we have may have answered.
As you can see....we take this briefing very seriously.

Following the pre-race meeting we head to packet pick-up to get our awesome swag and sit in to listen to the Pro Panel


Always a good time with these girls!!

Even better....They let you squeeze up on the Pros!!

My Delicious Dude of The Day...Pro Triathlete Benjamin Collins.
Seriously...how cute is this kid!!


And Race Morning...

All tatted up and ready to race.

HyVee puts on a great race. Lots of swag, lots of support, spectator friendly course, and a fun course to race. My one and only complaint...the start. They do this wave start that takes FOR-EVER!! Transition area closed at 6:45am and by the time I got in the water it was after 9am. 

This was not my race my friends.

I got kicked in the ribs during the swim, which caused a panic attack, and in my head....a near drowning.

I did well on the bike (19.8 mph) but had my knee talk to me the whole time. Got off the bike to more knee pain, hot temps, and being mentally tapped. I broke out in goosebumps 3 different times during the run and had my feet torn up.

This was not my race. I was sore, tired, and mentally drained when it was all said and done.
How do you recover from a bad race.....

stay tuned....

No comments: