Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Grateful for Guinea Pigs

.

I am very fortunate in the fact that people seem to trust me. 
My clients are always willing to try what I throw at them, my friends are wonderfully supportive, and my co-workers seem to respect me as a professional.
I am one lucky lady!

I often use my friends and clients as guinea pigs. I test new things out on them to see how they work and get their opinions. I never do anything too stupid, I am respectful of their wishes and abilities, but also try to encourage people to step out of their comfort zones. 

I am currently finishing up my Holistic Nutrition Certification through the Washington Institute of Natural Medicine. As a part of my clinical course work, I needed 4 volunteers for nutrition consultations. Lucky for me, I had 4 friends who were willing to log their food daily, log all of their exercise, and were willing to try what I recommended! 

They all did an awesome job! I now have a lemon water drinkin', greens eatin', tea drinkin' group of friends!!

I also like to have my clients try some of the products that get sent to me to review!

Here's Andrea....her little sister and my little sister have been best friends since Kindergarten. I have known her family for literally 27 years. 

I had Andrea try Customonit sweatbands. This company does custom embroidering for businesses on headbands, wristbands, shirts, hats, etc. At first, she said it was itchy and wasn't a fan....I took this as a sign that I needed to make her sweat more! Needless to say, by the end of the workout...she used it and appreciated having it. It is a really good sized wrist band and made out of super stretchy material. A very cute novelty for any business!

My client, Doug, who has been on the blog numerous times, is often my guinea pig. Doug is 6'4" and is all arms and legs. Whenever I get sent something that is made "extra long" I give it to Doug to try. I am 5'6".....I am not "extra long" for anything...ever.

Doug has started taking yoga classes and mentioned to me that he hangs off his yoga mat during the final relaxation at the end of class. When I got sent and "extra long" yoga mat to review....I sent it his way! It's only a couple inches longer that his regular mat, but a couple inches still keeps him off the cold ground in the basement of the bike shop.  

Thanks to all of my friends and clients who put up with the randomness that is me!
You are all loved and appreciated!

Stay tuned....there's an update on the 2015 race scene!!







No comments: