Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Earning Your Stripes


I love being a mom. I had great pregnancies, great labor, and easy deliveries. But the fact is....
I got gigantic with both of my pregnancies!

I walked away with 2 beautiful boys but also loose skin and stretch marks.... or as I like to call them...my tiger stripes!  I also walked away with Diastasis Recti


I've tried all sorts of "Miracle" treatments....

IT Works Wraps...
IT didn't work....
I am sure it could work for some people, maybe just not me. 

I also got to try Instanatural's Stretch Mark & Scar cream.

This is a very nice lotion. It feels good and I think it may have actually dulled the shiny stretch marks that line my once sexy tummy. Did it make them go away...no. But there was a difference in the quality of the marks. 

While the quality of my skin has improved, my abs won't be back to pretty without medical intervention. As an fitness instructor and athlete I am more prone to getting a hernia due to the Diastasis Recti. I've met with a couple of Doctors to discuss other options, but at this point surgery is the only one. I anxious to go under the knife....I have some pretty big events planned of 2015....including settling my vendetta with the full marathon and joining my friends in my second Ironman Distance Triathlon. Working closely with medical staff will be necessary to accomplish my goals safely, but I'm confident it will all work out as it should!






No comments: