Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Heading East to Clear My Chi

This weekend I packed up both my BITS and MY bits and headed East!


I spent the weekend in Fredericksburg Virginia at the 



We spent the weekend learning Mantra's and mediation practices as well as getting into more specialty yoga topics! We covered the anatomy of the head, neck, and shoulders in reference to specific yoga positions, practicing yoga for pregnancy, as well as applying the basic spiritual aspects of yoga not only into our classes but our daily lives and businesses. 

It was a pretty incredible weekend forum!

We spent one afternoon focusing on clearing our inner Chi and re-balancing our Chakras.


The Chi is the body's natural energy, or Life Force. It is believed that the Chi permeates everything and links our surroundings together, it we are able to link into the flow of energy around and throughout us we are able to form a bond with the universe around us.

Apparently…..my Root Chakra was out of balance. 

How did I find that out?? With Bells. Yep..bells. 

Long-Story. 



The Root Chakra is related to security, instinct and survival and located at the base of the spine. Physically it governs sexuality, mentally governs stability, emotionally governs sensuality, and spiritually governs a sense of security. 
 Sounds like I had some stuff pretty out of whack with myself….however after a bit of research I discovered that the Root Chakra is represented by red lotus flowers. Interestingly, I have red lotus flowers tattooed on my lower back, at the base of my spine. So I am going to assume the bells picked up on my tattoo….not some serious mental, spiritual, and emotional distress!! Or at least I hope!!

Don't worry though, my entire trip was completely focused on finding the deep spiritual meaning in life. I got to do some sight seeing, beer drinking, learned a lesson in the art of coffee and caught up with old friends that resulted in having one of the best mondays on record!

But that my friends….is for a another post!

No comments: