Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

My Trip Out East: A Personal Note


Now….don't get me wrong…I love my kiddo. But to be honest…this momma needed a break!

My trip to Virginia not only provided me with an amazing opportunity to hone some of my professional skills and catch up with long lost friends, but it also provided me with some much needed "me time"!

First let me start by sharing the fact that IF I take the time to sit down and read a book, I want to read something so far from reality that it is an escape. I like syfy, fantasy, anything outside of reality…oh…and smut….I like to read smut….but that's a whole other story ;-)


So, I got the opportunity to read the book A Feather On The Breath Of Ellulainean but Robert Denethon. After reading the snipit about it, I was pretty excited! Elves, Fairies, Gryphons…right up my alley.
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed.  It just wasn't my cup of tea. It was hard to follow with too many intertwining story lines for me. I think if this book had been split into about 3 books, it would have been awesome. But it was so much packed into one story that it just skimmed the storyline and didn't get deep enough into the actual characters and story that I just couldn't invest in the book.  

No worries though, that disappointment was very short lived! 
I absolutely LOVED the section of my weekend training that covered yoga for pregnancy.
I have about 4 co-workes who are all expecting! I am really looking forward to sharing what I learned with these ladies and helping them stay healthy, and maybe a wee bit more comfortable throughout their pregnancy!


However, my favorite part of my trip was spent on a whirl wind tour of DC with a very dear friend of mine!

Kevin met me Monday morning on the train and took me all over the city! He first took me to Arlington National Cemetery where we saw the changing of the guards, JFK's memorial, and Robert E Lee's house. It was really great getting to see all of these national monuments with a military man who could explain the history and significance of these monuments to his hippie counter part who forgot everything she ever learned in her american history classes!

After our long hike, we decided to belly up to a bar in Georgetown.

 We sat down in a beautiful window seat at J. Paul's and proceeded to enjoy a delicious meal and an obscene amount to booze for a Monday afternoon.

Best.Monday.Ever


Once we were more lubricated, we headed out to Pres. Obama's crib, scoped the Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial.


I have to say that the Lincoln Memorial is absolutely breath taking. I'm not sure if words can really do this justice. It is very large, very pristine, and set atop this amazing little hill with a great view!
 I just loved it!
Kevin then assured I made it safely to the airport and I was on my way!

All in all, it was a great trip both professionally and personally! A big thanks to Stacy and Golda for their amazing hospitality, delicious cinnamon rolls and guinness cake! Also, a big thanks to Kevin for the whirl wind tour and one of the best Mondays on record!




No comments: