Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Making Fitness a Family Affair


As a fitness professional, I am always looking for ways to incorporate exercise into our family functions. Oddly enough, here in Omaha Nebraska, we have some pretty cool events that take place regularly in our area!

The first one is the tradition of the Thursday Night Taco Ride.

There is no real organization that puts it on or anything, just somewhere someone decided to make this a tradition and it took off. People from all over head to Council Bluffs Iowa to jump on the Wabash Trace trail and ride about 10 miles to Mineola Iowa where there is a local restaurant that serves cheap tacos and pitchers of margaritas every Thursday to a bunch of dirty, sweaty cyclist.  It's awesome! There is a band playing, plenty of bar food, and great drink specials!


We headed out after work with a group of my sister's friends. She's pretty good at organizing group outings, where I on the other hand have absolutely no patience.

It's a crushed limestone trail, so I took my hybrid bike. I also made sure to put on my new LumenX Bike Light since we would be heading home in the dark. I was very happy with my new light! It's light weight, durable, and super bright. Plus it is water resistant which is a bonus since it rained on us!

Since we headed out after work I decided to take a couple of QSpeed CoQ10 before the ride. CoQ10 is a naturally occurring enzyme that has proven to be good for your heart, give you a boost of energy, and help with muscle repair. 



This brand is a quick melt, dissolves right on your tongue, and it tastes great! Click HERE to read more about the benefits of taking CoQ10!

As I mentioned earlier...it rained..



So we had a little bit of a sloppy ride home....with them "marks" to prove it!


Last weekend we registered Wes for the Muddy Heroes Run.
 It was a 3K muddy obstacle course that benefited Completely Kids Charity.

My kiddo isn't much of a sports kid but he is always willing to do events with us. Especially ones that involve mud!

Wes had an absolute blast!!


He ran the whole course, tackled every single obstacle, and finished strong!
He even let the firefighters hose him down after the race!


I am so proud of him!!



What are some tricks you use to keep your kids active in the summer?
Do you ever do organized races or event with your kids?


No comments: