Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Change of Seasons = Change of Routine

Greetings Friends!

It's official, my race season is over. I made 2014 a full year of new PRs and am super stoked with how the year went!

But now it is time to focus in on preparation for next year. I want 2015 to be another year of PRs. In 2015 I plan on settling my vendetta with the full marathon as well as tearing up another IRON course! Which means this "off" season will be full of tough workouts.

No Rest For The Wicked as I like to say!!

So how do I start my off season??

Getting back on my mat!

I am back to  regular yoga and Pilates practice! 
my cute new pink yoga mat from Youphoria Yoga

my new super awesome Hot Yoga towel from Youphoria Yoga!

Check out all the cute stuff from Youphoria Yoga by clicking HERE


I am back to teaching a weekly Mat Pilates Class for the fall and winter season. After teaching my first class, I realized just how much I missed (and need) focusing on my core! Also,  a new yoga studio opened about 3 minutes from my house that does a lot of HOT yoga classes. I know....hot yoga and my inexplicable sweating ability does not sound like a pretty combination. Well, it isn't but I am totally loving the hot yoga! I feel so de-stressed, relaxed, and limber when I leave those classes! I just love them!


Another must....New running shoes!
You should switch out your running shoes at least every 500 miles. Essentially I go through 2 pair of shoes a year. 
I wear custom made orthopedic inserts in my running shoes.
Once I retire a pair of running shoes, they become my regular wear to work shoes, so I need new insoles in my shoes when I make the switch.

I got the opportunity to try Syono gel insoles.

They come one size fits all and have lines to cut them appropriately for your shoe size. Not a huge fan of having to cut them, I'm a wee bit high maintenance when it comes to my shoe issues, but they seem to fit okay. So far so good. I can't say that they are anything special but I do think they will last a lot longer than most of the others that I have seen on the market. They are a nice, not too thick, gel that seems to hold up well. 

During the off season I really try to hit the strength training much harder than normal. 

I've been using these Phantom Fit bands on both myself and my clients trying to get the hips and buns strong. These bands are great! They are strong, wide, and according to my client, Doug, they don't pull on leg hair. Important stuff for those hairy folks.

This off season, the weight training is being taken to a whole new level. I actually joined in on a weight training competition!



My goal is to lift a combined total of 600 pounds between dead lift, back squat, and bench press. EEK!
I started training about 2 weeks ago. I am still sore. I never lift weights like this! All my strength training has been focused on injury prevention for endurance events, so this is a real stretch for me!! We test out of our challenge October 25th with a full day of weights, judging, and beefcakes. I may be more excited to watch the guy's competition than actually competing in my own!

Stay tuned for more.....and Wish me luck!!

OH SNAP!! I can't forget....
We also have a giveaway winner for the Vizeri Shampoo and Conditioner Set...


Congrats Lynzee Sue!!  You are going to L-O-V-E this stuff!!






No comments: