Welcome to my Blog

I am a wife, mother, and health and fitness professional. This blog is dedicated to all things fitness...products, events, and training. Please follow along!

Monday, September 29, 2014

Recovering From Family Fun!!


Most of the time I talk about training or races. How to train, tips and tricks, and even chat about good ways to recover from hard training days and race day.  But sometimes, you have such a great weekend...you have to recover from it!


We went camping this weekend! Friends came out and joined us for an evening as well! We played hard, got dirty, got bug bites, and enjoyed the outdoors! We had a blast!! 
So...how do you recover and prepare for the work week??

Well...these two veg out with some video games and a nap!


Unfortunately.....this mom requires a little bit more pampering ;-)

First....I start with a full body scrubbing!!



Adovia's  Sulfur Soap does a great job of lifting the dirt and bug spray residue right off the skin! It doesn't dry out the skin and leaves you feeling clean and refreshed.

My hair got super gross and dried out this weekend from all the bug spray too!

I used Instanaturals Argan Hair Oil Mask. I LOVE THIS STUFF!!

It smells so good and leaves your hair feeling silky! That is really saying a lot for my curly, crazy hair! You use it once a week as a deep conditioning treatment and it does wonders!

After a fully scrubbing and shaving, I like to put a good lotion on to "ice the cake" so to speak!

I got the opportunity to try Naturalico Firming Cellulite Cream.

I'm 35....nuff said.

Unfortunately, I wasn't a fan. I didn't like the texture or the scent.
But no fear...I also got sent  Body Merry Cellulite Defense Gel-Cream to try.

The texture is better...not great...but better. It's made with Retinol, seaweed, and caffeine.  This legitimately has a noticeable tightening effect on the skin effect! It has a lot of menthol in it as well which can be very intense...a little goes a long way....lesson learned. Body Merry is also sending me some eye cream to try! If it works as well as this cellulite cream, I will be a happy, more awake looking girl! 

After a full body scrubbing, washing, shaving and moisturizing....I feel much more like myself and ready to take on the week!





No comments: